Dorm Delicacies

A record of what I ingest while a poor college student. Updated whenever my work subsides (or when I don't feel guilty about procrastinating).

Monday, November 07, 2005

Feta?! Yuck.

So I'm in the library right now, presumably reading a book for my Econ class and writing a paper for English (I've already gotten a one-week extension on it!) and as a "break" I've decided to check my e-mail and afterwards, write something here. Because, y'know, college food is far more interesting than elasticity in the U.S. economy. Yes.

We decided to check the dining hall's website to see what's for dinner tonight. We squirmed and wrinkled our faces.

Chicken with feta and spinach? Yeah, I'm sure it would taste good if it weren't prepared in bulk with tough-as-leather meat, bland spinach and chalky feta cheese. Trust me, I'd know - the dining hall has a rotating schedule, so I've already eaten the chicken twice since I've been here.

Hoisin tempeh? Not entirely sure what that is, except that is apparently a vegan dish. The carnivore in me disapproves. I'm the type of gal who can wolf down an entire ribeye steak, or half a rack of baby back ribs, no problem. (Not that the dining hall serves ribeye steaks or baby back ribs. I would be going to one swanky college!)

Vegetable medley? Recycled carrots, corn and green beans. 'Nuff said.

Perhaps I'll have to make a salad to quell my hunger. I don't really like salads, though. You eat one, and then an hour later, you're hungry again. Or maybe I'll make a sandwich.

Mmm, sandwiches. Now I long for Panera and their Tuscan Chicken Sandwich. Mmm.

Back to "work," then off to "dinner" to eat "food."

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Mona said...

Oh, to be back in college again checking out the dormitory school selection. I only graduated in 01 but I don't think our dining hall was online. If it had been I 'm thinking I would have spent that much more money on takeout/delivery off-campus. Thanks for visiting my blog, I will definitely be checking yours out for fun !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home